Rafale deal – IAS Synopsis
In September 2016, the Government of India signed an agreement with France to buy 36 Dassault Rafale twin-engine fighters for a price estimated to be Rs 58,000 crore or 7.8 billion Euros.
Image source : ndtv.com
Features of Rafale Jet
1. Fourth Generation Fighter Jet with twin generation engines and Delta-wing.
2. Beyond Visual Range Air-to-Air Missile.
3. Combat Radius of 3,700 km
4. Powerful and reliable M-88 engine.
5. Laser-guided bombs can also be fitted with three types of deadly missiles in Rafale.
6. Rafale can lift one and a half times more weight than its weight.
GRAND OFFER –
To download all synopses for free, buy our annual membership product
(BEST VALUE OFFER – Download all synopses for free)
OR buy individual synopsis.
500 Synopses to be uploaded before May 2022
IASSynopsis.com – Quick Synopses for Revision/ UPSC Prelims & Mains Preparation.
© IAS Synopsis