Pegasus Spyware Issue – IAS Synopsis
- Malicious software – classified as spyware.
- Developed by NSO – an Israeli firm.
- According to reports this spyware is sold to Govt/state agencies only.
- Designed to access devices remotely and transfer information from the device.
- Earlier Used Spear-Phishing – Tricking into clicking a link malicious link using E-mail or Text Message.
- Now uses Zero-click Attack – No interaction needed with the device.
- NSO claims that it provides authorized governments with technology that helps them combat terror and crime.
- The Pegasus spyware is classified as a weapon by Israel and any export of the technology must be approved by the government.
- Whatsapp and its parent company Meta Platforms (earlier Facebook) has sued NSO Group under the under the US Computer Fraud and Abuse Act(CFAA)
A zero-click attack is an exploit that requires no user interaction to operate – that is to say, no key-presses or mouse clicks.
GRAND OFFER –
To download all synopses for free, buy our annual membership product
(BEST VALUE OFFER – Download all synopses for free)
OR buy individual synopsis.
500 Synopses to be uploaded before May 2022
IASSynopsis.com – Best Site for Topic Wise UPSC Prelims & Mains Preparation.
© IAS Synopsis