Major Tribes of North East India
- Found in Assam and parts of West Bengal and Nagaland.
- Believed to be the early indigenous settlers of Assam.
- Belong to Indo-Mongoloid family.
- Speak a Tibetan-Burmese language, the Bodo.
- Weaving of handloom products is an intrinsic part of their culture.
- Celebrate the Baishagu festival in spring, dedicated to Lord Shiva, Hapsa hatarani, Domashi.
- The Bodo people are recognised as a plains tribe in the Sixth Schedule of the Indian Constitution, and have special powers in the Bodoland Territorial Region (Assam) an autonomous division.
GRAND OFFER –
To download all synopses for free, buy our annual membership product
(BEST VALUE OFFER – Download all synopses for free)
OR buy individual synopsis.
500 Synopses to be uploaded before May 2022
IASSynopsis.com – Best Site for Topic Wise UPSC Prelims & Mains Preparation.
Thumbnail image source- Wikipedia