India US Defence Agreements – IAS Synopsis
Foundational Military Agreement and Major Defense Partner Tag
- Four agreements under the Foundational Military Agreements:
- General Security of Military Information (GSOMIA) – 2002 – signed
- Logistics Exchange and Memorandum of Agreement (LEMOA) – 2016 – signed
- Communication Compatibility and Security Agreement (COMCASA) – 2018 – signed
- Basic Exchange and Cooperation Agreement for Geo-spatial Cooperation (BECA) – signed – 2020
- While LEMOA means one partner trusts the other enough to expose its valuable assets, COMCASA means one is confident that it can rely on encrypted systems to connect the two militaries. And the latest pact, BECA, means the countries can share highly classified information in real time without fear of being compromised.
- India designated as Major Defense Partner in 2016. It makes India part of an elite club of US allies.
GRAND OFFER –
To download all synopses for free, buy our annual membership product
(BEST VALUE OFFER – Download all synopses for free)
OR buy individual synopsis.
500 Synopses to be uploaded before May 2022
IASSynopsis.com – Best Site for Topic Wise UPSC Prelims & Mains Preparation.