India and Sri Lanka Relations
- India signed Agreement on Ocean economy with Sri Lanka for fisheries sector.
- Need to sign a protocol for joint patrolling.
- Issse of Kachachatheevu Island must be resolved.
- Issue of fishermen’ arrest and death must be quickly resolved.
- Sri Lanka is part of Belt and Road Initiative
- Hambantota Port on 99 years lease to China and Colombo Port to be transshipment hub.
- Relationship is purely economic, Sri Lanka has fallen for the Debt Trap Diplomacy.
GRAND OFFER –
To download all synopses for free, buy our annual membership product
(BEST VALUE OFFER – Download all synopses for free)
OR buy individual synopsis.
500 Synopses to be uploaded before May 2022
IASSynopsis.com – Best Site for Topic Wise UPSC Prelims & Mains Preparation.