AADHAR – IAS Synopsis
What is AADHAR?
- Launched in 2010/ UIDAI established in 2009
- 12 Digit Unique Identification Number assigned to the residents of India.
- Issued by UIDAI where it collects biometric information and some demographic information.
- It is not a proof of citizenship.
- Aadhar Act, 2016 gave Aadhar a legal foundation.
- Act allowed Aadhar to be used for welfare program delivery.
- In 2018, SC upheld the Aadhar Act but limited it in some domains.
- Mandatory linking of Aadhar was not required for Bank Accounts and SIM cards.
- Section 57 was invalidated which allowed corporations to ask for Aadhar for providing some services.
GRAND OFFER –
To download all synopses for free, buy our annual membership product
(BEST VALUE OFFER – Download all synopses for free)
OR buy individual synopsis.
500 Synopses to be uploaded before May 2022
IASSynopsis.com – Best Site for UPSC Prelims & Mains Preparation.